My Highlighter Collection

June 23, 2018
Hi Everyone!

Today I'm gonna expose my highlighter collection to the world.

As a makeup lover I have realised how much highlighter adds to a look, with or without base. Depending on how much you use it can give you a nice natural glow or a glam glow that shines for miles.

In my collection I have highlighters for those different scenarios, ranging from glowing gold to a neutral bronze ~well, neutral for me and other darker skinned beauties. I also have some natural pinky pearl highlighters that are great for more neutral natural days, no matter what skin tone.


The items I use as highlighter are: Benefit Dandelion Twinkle, Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey, a Barry M eyeshadow single in a shade I cannot remember because I got it at an event years ago (I have looked into where to purchase it and Barry M do not sell them anymore), a Shimmy Powder by Anthony Braden in the shade Mimosa, Makeup Academy's Undress Your Skin shimmer highlighter in the shade Rosewood Glimmer and the eyeshadow Subtle Blend in the Zoeva Cocoa Blend palette.
Swatches below: in order Zoeva, Anthony Braden, Barry M, Benefit, MUA, Laura Geller


Zoeva Cocoa Blend



Starting with the Zoeva shadow, this colour is a bronze shade called Subtle Blend, I used this when wearing makeup to school so I had a subtle glow that wasn't noticable until the light hit my face. This is a good highlighter for darker girls who just need a subtle glow and don't want to look too made up in daily activities.



 

https://www.beautybay.com/makeup/zoeva/cocoablendpalette/

Anthony Braden Shimmy Powder

Next up is the Antony Braden Mimosa Shimmy Powder. This is a loose pigment, unavailable on the site anymore, but similar items are available. This loose pigment is pink with gold shimmers in it, giving it a sparkling look when blended. Although it looks white in the pot, it quickly blends out to a sheer rose gold shimmering highlight. This can also be used on eyes and lips if wanted.



 


Barry M Eyeshadow Single


Next up, Barry M. I got my hands on this single back in 2016, but it had gone unopened until 2017 when I decided I would try and use the item as I did get it in a mystery package from Clothes Show Live, an event held for beauty lovers. I used the colour as an eyeshadow for a little while until I realised it could make an amazing pearly highlighter. When I did use it as a highlighter I was obsessed with the natural looking finish, even on my skin tone and with the shadow itself being pale pink. The pearlescent finish added to the natural finish as it didn't cling to imperfections in my skin but still gives me a nice glow when I use it.




Benefit Dandelion Twinkle


Having been interested in Benefit Cosmetics for a hot minute, I decided to spend my coin on the Dandelion Twinkle powder highlighter. I saw this and loved the pale pink look, although the white base did worry me about how it would look on my face. When I blended the powder down into my foundation it looked a lot more natual and subtle than I intially thought it would be. I like to use this when I want people to notice my highlight, as it's a colder tone so it contrasts my warm skin nicely but it can also look extremely natural too.





MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter

This was the first actual highlighter I purchased. I was attracted to the rose colour that looks rose gold when applied. It has a foil finish, so it shows some imperfections on my skin when I wear it but the beautiful colour makes up for it. For darker skin readers, I would recommend this highlighter as I've received so many compliments when wearing this highlighter and many people have stopped me to ask where its from. For lighter skin readers, MUA has a whole range of shades, from pale champagne gold to icy blue if thats for you. These highlighters are really affordable, only £3 each, a bargain if I do say so myself.






Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator


Last but not least, Gilded Honey. This was an impulse buy, I saw it in store, I bought it there and then, knowing I could get it for hald price online. Was it worth the £21? ABSOLUTELY!
This hightlighter is unlike all the others I have, it is soo smooth and buttery and can be full glam or just add some gold to your daily look, as it is a buildable highlighter. I recommend this highlighter to everyone. The shade, Diamond Dust is also beautiful, it is an iridescent pink that shifts purple/blue and if I had another £21 at hand I would purchase it too, it is similar to the Barry M shadow but much more intense.





https://www.beautybay.com/makeup/laurageller/bakedgelatoswirlilluminator/gildedhoney/
https://www.beautybay.com/makeup/laurageller/bakedgelatoswirlilluminatordiamonddust/


I hope others can enjoy these highlighters or highlighters similar.

- Terry xx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.